The 10 Knowledge Areas of Project Management
Project Management skills are applicable in all industries and sectors, and attribute to the planning and delivery of all organisational strategy. The Project Management Institute (PMI) have identified that they are 10 knowledge areas that forms the basis of project management education, comprising:
1. Scope management
2. Schedule management
3. Cost management
4. Resource management
5. Quality management
6. Communications management
7. Stakeholder management
8. Risk management
9. Procurement management
10. Integration management
About Our Programs
Our programs are focused on practical and proven techniques to develop your knowledge on the mechanics of project planning and execution.
Our live programs include:
- 1-day Project Management Essentials (non-accredited);
- 2-day Project Management Fundamentals (non-accredited);
- 3-day Applied Project Management (leads to the Certificate IV in Project Management Practice); and
- 5-day Manage Projects (leads to the Diploma of Project Management).
Industry Specific Training
The Business Education Institute offers contextualised training in all our qualification specific to the following sectors:
- Health and Medical project management;
- Legal and forensic project management;
- Information Technology project management;
- Engineering project management; and
- Research-based project management.
Why Train with Us?
The Business Education Institute offers the following:
- Our courses include proven workplace templates for you to use for your personal use and organisational use;
- All our trainers are qualified and practising project management with international experience;
- Our trainers include professorial level academics that shows our university-level recognition and experience;
- Our educators include international award winning project managers, Fellows of the Project Management Institute and the Australian Institute of Project Management, and former President, National Chairman and global PMI Board Directors;
- Our course materials are aligned to both the PMBOK standards and ISO21500;
- Our course materials lead to internationally-recognised qualifications;
- Our Institute is recognised globally and is the partner of the International Institute of Legal Project Management;
- We provide ongoing video and test-based tips to our graduates; and
- Our course materials give you the required hours to meet international certification exam educational prerequisites.
Qualifications in Project Management
The Business Education Institute offers two qualifications recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF):
Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
National Code BSB41515
There are 9 competency units in this qualification:
Diploma of Project Management
National Code BSB51415
There are 12 competency units in this qualification:
Learn about the 10 knowledge areas of project management.