About the Program
This online course enables you to complete the educational requirements towards the Diploma of Project Management. You will receive a Certificate of Completion for each module that you complete, providing proof of your education prerequisite for the National qualification.
This comprehensive online course provides a package of resources and includes:
- Text-based educational content;
- Video content featuring international expert Todd Hutchison;
- Project templates that gives you the tools to apply in the workplace;
- Learning assessment questionnaire;
- PDF-printable Certificate of Completion; and
- A one hour Skype session with a certified Master Project Coach
A person completing the Manage Projects course is on their way to international recognition as a Project Manager.
What You Will Learn
This program covers:
1. Defining key project management terms;
2. Outlining the roles of people in projects;
3. Explaining the 4 stage Project Life Cycle;
4. Application of the 10 functions of project management;
• Scope management
• Time management
• Cost management
• Quality management
• Communications management
• Stakeholder management
• Human resource management
• Procurement management
• Risk management
• Integration management
5. Project management methodologies;
6. Project management templates and registers;
7. Managing project team meetings;
8. Managing the change management process;
9. Managing the issues management process;
10. Project Management Office (PMO) functionality;
11. Return on Investment, Net Present Value and Benefits/Cost Ratios;
12. Overview of portfolio, program and project management;
13. Overview of strategic, operational and project planning;
14. Overview of leadership skills (includes a personal behavioural profile); and
15. Dealing with and resolving project problems.
National Labour Market Information
The Department of Employment provides the following labour market detail related to this training:
Program or Project Administrator (ANZSCO code 511112)
Expected job openings
126,600 persons were employed as Contract, Program and Project Administrators in 2015. Job openings over the next 5 years are expected to be greater than 50,000.
Average weekly full time earnings
Average weekly full time earnings before tax for Contract, Program and Project Administrators in 2014 are: $1,387. Average earnings for all occupations are: $1,200.
Source: Department of Employment. For full details on Contract, Program and Project Administrators visit Job Outlook.
Program Modules and their Alignment to the National Competency Units
The course includes:
Learn about the 10 knowledge areas of project management.